What happened 2012?
“I am a totally different person from who I was 5 days ago”
The depth of transformation this program produced in the 21 young people from different faith and different local communities from right across Australia was INCREDIBLE. These young people who attended the course have now returned to their communities across Australia and are implementing their own projects to counter intolerance and violence in their communities. These young people gained :
- A deeper commitment to living and working from an interfaith perspective;
- Knowledge, skills and awareness of nonviolence
- Leadership skills to help their local communities take action
- Begun engaging their communities through applying their knowledge to 14 community projects that is expected to have reached over 300 other young people;
- The necessary skills to sustain their nonviolent community leadership by developing and participating in a national network of nonviolent leaders.
Check out the amazing projects from 2012 here
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR 2012 PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS :