SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY:¬†Join us in co-sponsoring two candidates from the Phillipines to the¬†Nonviolent Interfaith Leadership Program 2017.
2¬†April – 7¬†April 2017
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Here is your chance to help grow leaders who are committed to pursuing peacemaking and nonviolence in their communities. ¬†Gifts of $2 or more are tax deductible
Cheques¬†can be made out to Pace e Bene Australia, and sent to 5/63 Roslyn St, Brighton VIC 3186.
Name: Pace e Bene Australia Peace Fund
Reference: your surname
(and then please email our Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details so he can send you a receipt).
What is the Program?
“…It‚Äôs a unique opportunity to critique dominant patterns of violence and control and learn the first steps for imagining nonviolent alternatives.¬† I don‚Äôt know of anyone else offering a similar program.‚ÄĚ
‚ÄúI am a totally different person from who I was 5 days ago‚ÄĚ
You can help invest in people being trained in Nonviolent Leadership.
The depth of transformation this program produced in the¬†people from different faith and different local communities from right across Australia has been¬†INCREDIBLE. ¬†Those people who attended the course have now returned to their communities across Australia and are implementing their own projects to counter intolerance and violence in their communities.¬† These leaders have¬†gained :
- A deeper commitment to living and working from an interfaith perspective;
- Knowledge, skills and awareness of nonviolence
- Leadership skills to help their local communities take action to counter intolerance and violent extremist messages;
- Begun engaging their communities through applying their knowledge to¬†community projects that is expected¬†reaching hundreds of others
- The necessary skills to sustain their nonviolent community leadership by developing and participating in a national network of nonviolent leaders.
Check out some¬†amazing projects over the years¬†here